Nairobi National Park is on the outskirts of Nairobi’s central business district, 8km on Nairobi’s south. This was the first National park in Kenya in 1946. The park is accessible either by public transport or private means. Public transport is easily accessible at Railways Station and this takes 35 minutes to get to the location. The best time to visit the park is during July and August or during January and February. Walking in the park is in areas set by management. Some areas are at high risk of leading to animal attacks, especially in cases where a tour guide is not available. In addition to this, the attacks lead to death and the park attendants are not responsible for that.
Activities at Nairobi National Park
The list below gives detail on some activities taking place at Nairobi National Park. The activities are human friendly and a person chooses what best suits them;
Safari Walk Nairobi National Park
Through the safari walk, one sees wildlife by getting the view from the boardwalk made of wood at the place. Various animals such as monkeys, antelopes, lions, elephants, and cheetahs. In addition, the beauty of more than 150 species of trees provides shade.
Bomas of Kenya Nairobi National Park
Bomas of Kenya is located at Langata just before Nairobi National Park. This place consists of traditional homes from different Kenyan tribes. A person learns how different Kenyan tribes preserve their cultures including traditional attires. Several dances from different tribes take place at the auditorium. It’s the pride of African Heritage indeed.
Nairobi Animal Orphanage.
An animal orphanage is a place where wild animals live. Professional guides with knowledge about various species of animals guide visitors around the park. Kids see wild animals at close intervals. Some examples of various animals at the park include lions, elephants, and rhinos.
Ivory Burning and Picnic Site.
The ivory burning site is one of the historical sites where the burning of ivory took place in 1989. The lead in this activity was the late former President Daniel Arap Moi. In addition, the burning was to stop the entry of ivory into the market showing lots of commitment to tourism conservation.
Gp Karting is a motorsport activity involving a special motor vehicle racing indoors. The place is along Lang’ata road, next to the splash water world. In addition, the event does not necessarily require one to have driving skills as they will self-train you there.
- Talya Cunningham bio, wiki, age, children, husband, net worth.
- Sandra Bullock age, family, husband, children, career, net worth.
- Joaquin Phoenix age, religion, wife, children, movies, worth.
- Travis Michels Bio-Age, Edu, Children, Wife, Net Worth, Career.
- Kerry Kavanaugh bio-wiki, age, children, husband, net worth.
- Who is Oburu Odinga? Age, family, and Career.
- Dawn Stevens bio-age, children, husband, net worth, KMSP-TV.
Nairobi Education Centre
Nairobi Education Centre is an animal zoo with several animals in cages. Cages are small built houses requiring small spaces for stand-alone animals. However, feeding the animals is on specific foods as given by the authorities. In addition, the company is not responsible for any accidents that occur during the exercise of feeding the animals.
Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage is the home for young elephants who are in separate ways from other herds due to drought or accidents. However, some are a result of the killing of their families. The elephants are emotionally taken care of as this continues. There is great sightseeing of them washing in the mud.
Park Entry Fees.
- Citizens at Nairobi National Park pay a fee of Ksh 430 while students and adults pay a fee of Ksh 300. A resident citizen pays a fee of Ksh 1200 while a resident child pays sh 600.
- Non-citizen adults pay 43$ while non-citizen children pay $25.
- Gp Karting charges Ksh 1500 for a period of 15 minutes with 30 minutes being charged Ksh 2500.
- The entry fee at the Nairobi education center is Ksh 250 for residents while non-residents pay 25$.
- Sheldrick Elephant center charges 15$ as an entry fee.
- List of best private primary schools in Kirinyaga County.
- Mount Kenya University history, fees, courses
- Best Public High Schools in Kiambu County.
- Bay head elementary school history, enrolment, programs offered.
- Kenya Institute of special education, courses.
- Public Universities in Kenya
- What is the history of Kenyatta University?