There are several tourist attraction sites in Nairobi county. Nairobi is the largest and the capital city of Kenya. It is located in the south-central part of the country, with an elevation of about 5,500feet. The city started in the late 1890s as a colonial railway settlement, taking its name from Masaai name Enkare. Enkare means a water in Masaai direct.
The Following are tourist attraction sites found in Nairobi County:
National Archives was established in an old building. However, it showcases the rich Kenyan collection of artifacts and paintings, that dominates the majority of the buildings.
Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC)
It is known for holding official gatherings, meetings, and conferences. Therefore, KICC is a prominent landmarks in the city.
People also like to know;
What’s the height of Kenyatta International Conference Centre.
The height of Kenyatta International Conference Centre is estimated to be 105 meters.
How much does it cost to go up to Kenyatta International Conference Centre?
- Jessica Alba Age, origin, spouse, movies, net worth, quits acting.
- Mitch McConnell bio-age, education, children, wife, and career.
- Who is DR. William Samoei Ruto? Age, Net worth
- Ron Gant wiki, age, children, wife, net worth, WAGA-TV.
- Moses Kuria bio-age, education, family, origin, career.
- David McCallum bio-family, career, tragedy, net worth.
- Ezekiel Machogu Bio, age, wife, education.
As of 2021, the fees to go up to the roof was sh 500 for adult and sh 200 for kids.
Giraffe Centre Tourist Attraction site.
Giraffe Centre is a breeding and conservation center. Therefore, it educates about the endangered Rothschild’s giraffe. The Giraffe Center is also home to several warthogs, which freely roam the area with the giraffes. Its main attraction for both school children and visitors is feeding giraffes from a raised observation platform.
Bomas of Kenya.
Bomas means “residence“, which was established by the government in 1971. However, It was a subsidiary company of Kenya Tourist Development Co-operation.
Its main aim is to preserve, maintain and promote the rich and diverse cultural values of various tribal groups of Kenya.
All You Need to Know About Bomas of Kenya.
Location: Bomas is located in Langata, Nairobi.
Best Time to Visit: If one is willing to visit the Bomas of Kenya, He or She is endured to visit it at any time during the whole year. However, it is better to visit the village during the summer seasons from July to October and also in January to February.
- The homesteads are open daily from 10:00A.M to 6:00P.M .
- Perfomances take place from Monday to Friday from 2:30P.M to 4:00P.M, and on Weekends and Public holidays, perfomances take place from 3:30P.M to 5:15 P.M .
Nairobi Railway Museum is a spectacular Landmark, which is promising to protect and showcase the precious antique and records of the Railway. It is located near Nairobi Railway Station.
Adults pay a fee of ksh.400 and the children pay a fee of ksh.200. (Non-Citizens), while Kenyan citizens pay ksh.100.
The Museum is opened at 8:00A.M and closed at 5:00P.M every day even on holidays and Weekends.
Nairobi National Park.
Being one of the most famous tourist attraction sites in Kenya, in which it organizes a thrilling safari drive for travelers, taking visitors through the dense grasslands to view Wild Animals. The Park is committed to conserving and protecting the endangered Rhino.
What people like to know about Nairobi National park.
The climatic conditions: The weather is predictable and it adheres to long-standing climate patterns. However, the dry season is marked by an absence of rain and lots of sunshine. The wet season has two periods of rain with an intervening period of dry weather.
Best time to visit: Tourists are treated to dust-free skies and an abundance of baby animals and migrating birds during the wet period. Therefore, the best bet for animal spotting is during the dry and sunny seasons.
Karura Forest tourist attraction site in Nairobi.
At the Northern part of Nairobi city is Karura forest. The forest is managed by the Kenya Forest Service and the Friends of Karura Forest Community Association.
Karura Forest Activities:
It offers a variety of fun activities that are friendly to all kinds of groups. Most of these games are outdoor, while some even require special gear to participate in them. The following are activities that are offered in Karura Forest:
- Bike riding: Here, the charges for bike riding is ksh.500 per two-hour. However, one must also follow a specific path set aside for cyclists.
2. Karura Forest Eco-Tours: The charging fee for a tour guide are combined with the entry fees, therefore, are divided according to class and age. The general tour is Ksh.300 for adults and Ksh.150 for children. Specialized tour is Ksh.800 for adults and Ksh.400 for children. An exclusive VIP tour is Ksh.1800 for adults and Ksh.900 for children.
3. Tennis: Tourists are allowed to use the tennis courts, daily from 7 AM to 5 PM. The court charges are Ksh.200 for adults and Ksh.100 for children.
Karen Blixen Museum.
This was a former home of the famous namesake “out of the Africa author”. Karen Blixen is also known by her pen name, Isak Dinesen, in which she lived in the house from 1971 to 1931, where she ran a coffee plantation. Today, it is a well-preserved colonial farmhouse. However, it has a kitchen in a separate building a coffee-drying plant in the woodland, and an agricultural college on the ground. However, the furniture which belonged to Karen Blixen and her husband is on display, as well as photographs and books.
David Sheldrick Wild Trust.
Daphne Sheldrick formed this project in 1977 in the memory of her late husband David, who was a former warden at Tsavo East National park. It is a good tourist attraction site in Nairobi. This center cares for young abandoned Elephants and Rhinos. It is located in Mbagathi Road, Nairobi. Therefore, the lovable young creatures drink in the mud and drink.
The village market in Nairobi is within the urban-rural fringe far away from Nairobi city. Therefore, it has a high-end shopping and entertainment options. It is adjacent to the United Nations Headquarters and therefore the US Embassy. Above all, the village market is a farmers’ market loved by the locals. However, the daily passenger flow here is very large, and fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, and poultry. It is crowded every day from 6 in the morning
The word “Ngong”, is an origin of a Maasai name”enkong’u, which means rhinoceros spring, though, it is derived from a spring located near Ngong Town. In addition, the Ngong Hills is found within the Southeast of Nairobi. Therefore, the Ngong Hills are peaked in a ridge along the Great Rift Valley.
moreover, these hills are a really excellent spot , to interact in recreational activities. Therefore, the Ngong Hills is managed by Kenya Forestry Service. However, the animal migrates in the forest seasonally, for pasture and water searching. In other words, the Kenya Forestry Service ensures that nature is well preserved and well taken care of.
What people tend to know about the Ngongo Hills.
1. Location: In other words, Ngongo Hill is close approximately to Nairobi. In addition to that, it lies about 22km Southwest of Nairobi city.
2. Timings: Therefore, the hill is open throughout the year.
3. Cost: The entry fee is Ksh. 200 per person.
The Ngong Hills wind power station was completed in 2015, which is the first wind farm in the country.
4. Height: The hills stands at 2,460m above the sea level
Security is one of the major concerns in Ngong Hills. However, some incidents of muggers attacking a small group of visitors have been reported over the year. Therefore, visitors are encouraged to get an armed escort from Kenya Forest Service at the gate.
- Best Public High Schools in Kiambu County.
- Kenya Medical Training College, courses, requirements.
- How is The Lenana Boy school and location?
- Mount Kenya University history, fees, courses
- What is the history of Kenyatta University?
- List of Best private secondary schools in Nairobi County.
- Public Universities in Kenya