John McEnroe is an American retired tennis player widely known as one of the greatest players in sports history. Again, he worked as a television commentator, an actor, and a musician
John McEnroe Age
So, he was born on 16th February 1959, in a place called Wiesbaden in Germany. However, he grew up in Queens, New York.
John McEnroe Education
So, he attended Trinity School which is a private preparatory in New York City. Here, he was an accomplished student-athlete. John graduated from Trinity in the year 1977. However, he again joined Stanford University on a tennis scholarship. At the university, he excelled in tennis. He won the NCAA singles title in the year 1978. He also helped his team win the NCAA team championship the same year. However, he did not continue with his studies in college because he opted to pursue a professional tennis career.
Even though John did not complete his four-year degree, he got an honorary doctorate in humane letters from the University of Massachusetts in the year 2010. This was to recognize his contributions to the sport of tennis and his philanthropic work.
John stands at a height of about 5 feet 7 inches.
John McEnroe Family
His parents are John Patrick McEnroe Sr. and Katherine Tresham McEnroe. He was born together with five brothers making them all six who are; Patrick, Mark, Kevin, Douglas, and Steven. Patrick also went on the path of a professional tennis player. Later, he served as a captain of the US Davis Cup team.
Initially, he was married to actress Tatum O’Neal from the year 1986 to 1994. However, they part ways, and he got married again in 1997 to singer Patty Smyth.
He has a total of six children from both wives. The first wife had three and the second one got three who go by the names; Kevin born in 1986, Sean(1997), Anna(1995), Ava(1999), Emily(2006), and Ruby(2017).
- John is widely known as one of the greatest tennis players of all time.
- In tennis, he won 77 career singles titles, seven Grand Slam singles titles (4 US Open, 3 Wimbledon), and 10 Grand Slam doubles titles.
- Also, he was well known for his aggressive style, attacking style, and ability to get to the net and finish points fast.
- Again, he is one of the most memorable rivalries in the history of tennis.
- His personality of fiery temper and the habit of arguing with umpires and officials
- After retiring from his tennis career, he has become a very good commentator and also an analyst. He helps in providing experts with analysis and insight into sports. Therefore, this broadcasting career has enabled him to stay connected to the sport and continue making a positive impact on the game.
John has a salary of about $60,000 – $155,000 and a net worth of $1 Million -$5 Million.