How to lose belly fat is a major problem that affects your self-esteem. There are several reasons that make you develop belly fat. Simple home remedies can help you lose this fat. Simple exercises such as aerobics, walking, stress management, healthy eating, crunches, and cycling can help you.
What is belly fat?
Belly fat or subcutaneous fat under your skin that sits around your waist. The skin normally stores a little amount of fat under it which is normal and healthy. If you gain a lot of weight, the body deposits fat in unusual areas. Therefore, too much fat under your skin is dangerous to your healthy well-being. For instance, it brings about diabetes and heart attacks. Too much visceral fat makes you develop a pooched belly, whereby the stomach moves outside from inside.
Should you have a pooched belly?
To begin with, a small amount of belly fat is good for your body. This mostly goes to women who need the fat for body functions like fat cells, to store estrogen. Having too little fat may bring a breakdown to your hormonal functions. This may cause irregular periods. It may also cause childlessness (infertility). So your need at least 20-30% of fat that sits under your belly.
What causes fat around the waist in females?
Females develop belly fat and get a pooched stomach due to some causes like; poor diet, failure to exercise, and not getting a quality amount of sleep. Taking a healthy diet and engaging yourself in an active lifestyle can help you lose excess belly fat that is not required by the body. Moreover, it helps in reducing risks related to too much fat and weight.
Foods to lose belly fat.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. When you take alcohol, the body breaks it down quickly and the energy is added to glycogen. The remainder is converted into fats and stored. This may cause weight gain and belly fat.
2. Take less processed foods. Processed foods contain a lot of calories, fats, and sugars. In addition, they are not satisfying so you end up taking more and more which greatly play part in belly fat formation.
3. Stop drinking processed juice because they contain a lot of sugar which may bring about abdominal fat gain.
4. Eat fatty fish regularly. This is because they are rich in protein and omega-3 that protects you from diseases. Omega also helps in reducing visceral fat.
5. Drink green tea. It contains caffeine and antioxidant which helps in the metabolism of the body.
How to lose lower belly fat.
- Get enough rest and sleep. Sleeping is very important for your health. If you do not get enough sleep, you may end up gaining weight which may include belly fat.
2. Avoid stress. When in difficult situations, the body produces fight and flight hormones (adrenaline). The hormone drain glucose leaving the body to want more hence increasing hunger and appetite.
3. Get enough sunlight. Lack of sunlight increases belly fat. Vitamin D is important in lowering fats in the stomach.
Exercises to reduce belly fat.
- Walking- A brisk walk that lasts at least 30 minutes every day helps to burn excess fats around the belly. In addition, it helps in improving the metabolism of the body and heart rate.
- Cycling is a good way of burning belly fat. It helps in getting your heart rate up and also has the capacity to burn a certain number of calories. Cycling also helps you to lose weight on your thighs and waist.
- Aerobics- These are workouts done to lose belly fat without going to the gym.
- Crunches-This is an exercise to burn belly fat by lying down flat with your knees bent and your feet on the ground. You lift your hands and place them behind your head.