How to apply for HELB.
HELB – this is Higher Education Loans Board. In 1995 July, an act of parliament did establish the statutory body for HELB.
What do you need to apply for HELB?
Whenever one wants to apply for HELB, you should download the HELB application form and fill. Some of the documents that you need while applying for HELB include;
- A copy of the applicant’s national ID card.
- Parents ID card details (photocopy)/ death certificate.
- A KRA PIN.
- Applicant’s copy of admission letter and KCSE results slip or certificate.
- Email address.
- Bank account details of the applicant.
- A copy of ID card from two guarantors.
- A copy of colored passport size photograph of the applicant.
HELB Mobile Loan App.
This is the greatest milestone that HELB has achieved so far. It is making it possible to apply for a loan through the HELB Mobile Loan app. However if one does not have a smartphone, he/she can run a USSD Code.
Download the app through Playstore on Android and Appstore on IOS devices. Follow the simple steps to register to enable you to complete the loan application process.
However, if you do not have a smartphone, you can run a USSD code on your phone by dialing; * 642 # and choosing option 1 to log in.
In addition, you will receive a one-time pin that will help you to apply.
How To Register For HELB Online.
If you have all of the details above, you can now register for HELB online through;
- Firstly, visit the official HELB portal here ( HELB Registration).
- Secondly, click on the tab (create account).
- After logging in to your account, click on the link ” First time Undergraduate Loan“.
- In addition, start filling your form accurately. Don’t skip any step. Fill in; (personal details, education, university, parent’s details, family expenses, bank acc., and guarantors).
- However, after filling the form, go to the homepage and check if you did fill the information correctly.
- After confirming the information is correct, afterwards go to homepage and click the button with indication; ” Print Form “, to print your HELB form.
- After filling your form, ensure that all the parts requiring your signature have it.
NB:// For more information visit the site at; http://www.helb.co.ke/