William Kabogo Gitau was born on 4th April 1961in Komathai village in Githunguri. He was the first Governor of Kiambu County. He is also a member of the National Alliance. In addition, he is famous and a successful political analyst and advisor. He however lost his Governor’s seat to Ferdinand Waititu in 2017. He only served the county for one term.
Gitau went to St George’s Ruiru primary school. This is where he sat for his primary school certificate. He then went to Thika Technical high school for his secondary education. For tertiary education, he did obtain a diploma in Electronics.
He did proceed to Panjab University in India for a bachelor of commerce. He did complete it in 1982.
William Kabogo Age
Since Kabogo was born in 1961. He is 61 years as of the year 2022.
Marriage of William Kabogo
Although his life is not very open to the public, it is known that he did marry Philomena Kabogo. In addition. they have two children namely Andrew and Alvin Kabogo.
Career and politics
- He was the Auditor of the Controller general in 1983.
- In addition, he was the Managing Director of Toto to Home Industries from the year 1984 to 1988.
Also, he began doing basic accounting and later to being Chief Executive Officer which is an international NGO. Later he left employment for business, which caused him to relocate to Mombasa for business. He ventured into real estate, clearing, and forwarding. He also had much interest in politics so, in 2002, he went contesting for Juja Parliamentary seat under the KANU, which he won.
- He is the first governor of Kiambu County.
- Moreover, he is a member of the National Alliance(TNA).
- Over 100 children have gone to secondary schools and universities. This is from his funding.
- An M.P for Juja from 2003-2007.
- The man got re-elected by parliament on 21st September 2010.
- Member of NARC Kenya from 2010 to 14th January 2013.
His net worth has not yet been made public.