Memory is the most important part of the whole of you. The brain is the control center of the body. In addition, it helps in keeping the heart beating and lungs functional. Also, coordinates movement.
However, memory declines as you get older to a point that you may not be allowed to live alone. This is because their memory of events and things may be eroded. The brain is the control center of the body. In addition, it helps in keeping the heart beating and lungs functional. Also, coordinates movement.
So, it is advisable to take the necessary precautions for you to boost memory and maintain a healthy brain. Therefore, the foods that you eat and the activities you engage in play a very big role in keeping the brain healthy. Also, they help in improving some mental tasks, for instance, memory and concentration.
Foods to take
- Broccoli– It contains antioxidants. It is also high in Vitamin K.
2. Fatty fish– They include tuna, herring, trout, and salmon which are rich in Omega-3.
3. Turmeric– Turmeric and other yellow spices like curry are helpful to the brain. This is because they help in the growth of brain cells, and ease depression and memory. They contain a substance known as curcumin which helps in all that.
4. Coffee– It contains caffeine and antioxidants. Therefore, it helps in increasing the alertness of the brain. Also, it brings better concentration and boosts your memory.
5. Blueberries– All the deep-colored berries contain anthocyanin. This helps in acting against stress and any form of inflammation.
6. Nuts– They contain Vitamin E which prevents free radical damage and slow your mental decline.
7. Seeds from pumpkins– These are good sources of zinc, magnesium, copper, and iron. All these help in memory, nerve control, and easing depression.
8. Green tea– It improves alertness and memory.
9. Eggs- They are a good source of vitamins B6 and B12, folate, and choline. Choline helps in regulating your mood and memory.
10. Eating oranges– They contain Vitamin C which is good for your brain.
Foods to avoid to boost memory and maintain a healthy brain
- Sugar and very sugary foods.
- Foods that are processed.
- Taking too much red meat
- Consuming fried foods
- A lot of salt
Drugs to avoid to boost memory and maintain a healthy brain
- The antianxiety medications
- Drugs for hypertension
- Sleeping pills
- Drugs for diabetes such as metformin