Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, is an American television personality. She was born in Mount Kisco, New York. Caitlyn is also a retired Olympic gold medal-winning decathlete and transgender rights advocate. She gained international fame as an athlete in the 1970s. This was after winning a gold medal in the decathlon in the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal, Canada.
So, she was born on 28th October 1949. Therefore she is 73 years years old.
Parents to Caitlyn Jenner
So, her parents are William Hugh Jenner and Esther Ruth McGuire.
Marriage and children
Caitlyn has been married several times. Below are the members of her family.
- First, she was married to Chrystie Scott. This was from 1972 to 1981 and have two children together.
- Again, she got married to Linda Thompson from 1981 to 1986. They were blessed with two sons.
- Also, she married Kris Jenner, formerly known as Kris Kardashian. This was from the year 1991 to 2015. Again, they have two daughters together.
However, the names of the children are;
- Burt Jenner who was born in 1978, Burt Jenner is Caitlyn Jenner’s eldest son from her first marriage with Chrystie Scott.
- Cassandra Marino was born in the year 1980. She is the only daughter from her marriage to Chrystie Scott.
- Brandon Jenner was born in 1981 and is her son from her marriage to Linda Thompson. Brandon is a musician and television personality.
- Brody Jenner was born in 1983. This is her son from her marriage to Linda Thompson. He is also a TV personality and DJ.
- Kendall Jenner was born in 1995. She is her first daughter with Kris Jenner. She is a model and TV personality.
- Kylie Jenner was born in 1997. She is the second daughter of Kris Jenner. In addition, she is a businesswoman, social media influencer, and TV personality.
Education of Caitlyn Jenner
Jenner attended Newtown High School in Newtown Connecticut. Here, she displayed her athletic talent as a football player, a track and field athlete. After she completed her high school education in 1968, she got a football scholarship to Graceland College which is currently known as Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa. Again she excelled in athletic pursuits and eventually found success in the sport of decathlon.
In addition, she pursued a career in business. This was at San Jose City College and then transferred to the University of Connecticut, where she did physical education. However, due to her passion for sports and desire in athletic career, she left college before completing her degree.
So, Jenner has had a diverse career that rotates around athletics, television, and public advocacy.
- In athletics, she gained international recognition, particularly in the sport of decathlon. She won a gold medal in the decathlon at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal, Canada. Therefore, she got the title “World’s Greatest Athlete.”
- Again, she transitioned to a career in television. She appeared in various TV shows and films. These include shows like “CHiPs,” “The Love Boat,” and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” This aired from the year 2007 to 2021.
- Recently, she became an advocate for transgender rights. In the year 2015, she came out as transgender, using her platform to create awareness about transgender issues and promote acceptance.
- She is also an author of books and memoirs. Her memoir known as “The Secrets of My Life,” was published in the year 2017.