Spider and varicose veins have some differences in appearance. Varicose veins are large and swollen blood vessels that are raised, and they turn and twist. On the other hand, spider veins are smaller in size, with red, blue, and purple vessels. Also, they twist and turns, and are easily seen through the skin. However, both of these veins are caused by weakness of veins.
So, the weakness of the veins happens since the blood that is being carried back to the heart flows through the veins. To prevent a backward flow of the blood, there is a valve to ensure it closes to prevent backflow. Therefore, in case these valve gets weak or damaged, the blood flow becomes difficult in the right direction. Therefore, it starts to pool inside the vein.
Causes of spider and varicose veins.
- Hormonal imbalance.
Symptoms of varicose veins.
So, the symptoms of the veins vary depending on their severity. Some include;
- Some bleeding.
- Irritation and itching on the point of their location.
- Others may be painful.
- Heaviness on the legs.
Note that varicose veins are risky since they increase the chances of a clot of blood and circulation issues.
Risk factors of spider and varicose veins.
Sex– Females are at a higher risk of developing the veins than men. This is because estrogen and progesterone are female hormones that are key to fertility and menstruation. They also cause muscle that brings movement in the blood veins to relax.
Genes-The veins may develop as a result of history from your family.
Pregnancy– Pregnant women are at a high risk of developing the veins because there is an increase in the flow of blood in their veins. This is to enable enough supply to both the mother and the fetus.
- Charlie Munger age, family, spouse, children, death.
- Joe Roetz bio-wiki, age, children, wife, net worth, career.
- Richard Roat Bio, Wiki, Actor, Death, Age, Education, Family, Children, Wife, Net Worth, and Career
- Dave Spencer bio, wiki, age, children, wife, net worth, Fox 2.
- Kylie Bearse bio-wiki, age, children, husband, net worth.
- That Girl Lay Lay-age, family, boyfriend, songs, net worth.
- Michelle Valles Bio, Age, Children, Wife, and Net Worth
Overweight– Too much weight add much pressure to the veins.
Hormones -Estrogen can weaken veins. Therefore, people taking the birth control pill or hormonal treatment pills may be at risk.
Sun exposure– Too much light from the sun may damage the skin causing broken vessels.
Too much facial pressure-The facial pressure comes as a result of coughing, sneezing, vomiting, or even pushing while giving birth.
Sitting or standing for too long– Remaining in the same posture for too long makes veins pump blood to the heart harder.
Home remedies for spider and varicose veins.
- Avoid adding too much weight.
- Exercise regularly to ensure your muscles get flexible.
- Avoid staying in the same posture for too long to allow relaxation and stretching of veins.
- Practice putting your feet up to prevent blood pooling down.
- Avoid wearing very tight clothes.
- Use products that cover your skin to protect it from the ultraviolet rays like sunscreens.
- Avoid overdoing hot baths.
- Avoid wearing high heels.
- If you have no discomfort or severe symptoms, you may get relief from varicose veins at home by wearing compression stockings.
- For spider veins, you can opt to go for laser treatment where a strong burst of light is directed to the veins, which then fade and disappear.
- You may also undergo surgery for varicose veins if they are large.
- Sclerotherapy is where you undergo medicine injection to the veins to make them shrink.
- Radiofrequency occlusion whereby a medical procedure in which part the electrical.
- Kenya Institute of special education, courses.
- List of best private primary schools in Kirinyaga County.
- Egerton university, fees, location, courses.
- The best private primary schools in Nyeri county.
- Best Public High Schools in Kiambu County.
- List of Best private secondary schools in Nairobi County.
- How is The Lenana Boy school and location?