Meningococcal disease refers to a bacteria infection where both the nerve membranes and the spine are swollen and painful. This disease is a combination of both meningitis and septicemia.
Causes of Meningococcal Disease
The meningococcal disease comes in the following ways;
- May arise from viruses that result from mild stomach infections, and you ignore treating them.
- The mumps virus from the saliva of an infected person through coughing or sneezing on utensils that another person may use.
- A bacteria that causes pneumonia is known as the pneumococcal virus which leads to lung inflammation.
Signs and Symptoms
Below are the signs and symptoms of meningococcal disease;
- A patient suffering from Meningococcal has a high fever.
- High breathing patterns in a patient and confusion state in appearance.
- The skin looks pale and dehydrated
- Headache which is a result of a high fever in the patient.
- There are pains in the joints that a patient experiences.
- Bright lights in a room or outside the open environment are always irritating
- Rashes are present in some patients as a result of inflamed membranes. They might even rupture causing some spots.
- The patient dislikes most foods due to nausea and may end up throwing up if they ingest the food.
- The neck does not easily move from side to side.
Prevention and Treatment.
- There are vaccines that are often administered to prevent further damage to the disease if the patient contracts it. It is also offered to babies, especially under the age of 2 years in single or double doses.
- Getting a shot of pneumonia vaccine to prevent the virus from further body damage.
- Getting regular body checkups of the infections and thoroughly treated.
- Observing a high cleanliness rate, especially on utensils, and practicing safe water drinking. Every person should always cover their mouth while sneezing or coughing.
- Bay head elementary school history, enrolment, programs offered.
- List of best private primary schools in Kirinyaga County.
- Best Public High Schools in Kiambu County.
- The best private primary schools in Nyeri county.
- Mount Kenya University history, fees, courses
- List of Accredited Private Universities in Kenya
- List of Best private secondary schools in Nairobi County.