Eliud Owalo studied at St. Mary’s School in Yala between 1988 -1989 and was a head student. He further went to study for a Bachelor of Arts (BA) Hons. Degree in Economics and Business Studies at Kenyatta University. Here, he was a chairman and a Player of basketball, a club known as the Pirates between 1992-1994.
He further joined The University of Nairobi for a Masters of Business Administration (MBA). Also, he did his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Strategic Management still at The University of Nairobi.
- He is a fellow at the Institute of Human Resource Management. He is also a member of the Professional Trainers’ Association of Kenya (PTAK).
- Have been the managing Consultant of Eliud & Associates (E&A).
- He was the former Director of the Kenya School of Government (KSG).
Therefore, in his areas of professionalism, Eliud has 21 years of experience as an economist, management Consultant, and Strategy Expert. He has also Specialization in micro and macro Economics, strategic planning, business planning, organization Re-structuring, Job Evaluation, Pay Structure Architecture, Performance Management, management of Strategic Change, Training Needs Assessment (T.N.A.), Organizational Design/Development, Executive Search, Selection and Placement (Recruitment), Human Resource Audit, Market Research/Surveys, Monitoring and Evaluation(M& E), and Feasibility Studies.
In addition, he has been the Lead Consultant in major consultancy assignments in both the Public and Private Sectors, for instance;
Design of Strategic Plans by Eliud Owalo
In the recently concluded Designed over 50 Strategic Plans. These were either Mid-Term or End-Term Evaluations of the preceding and aligning them to the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Also, Vision 2030 and the United Nations (UN)’s Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs). AU’s agenda 2064. EAC Vision 2050. National Government’s Big Four(4) agenda among others.
Balancing the Scorecard in Performance Management by Eliud Owalo
He helped in BCS performance Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC), Central Bank of Kenya (CBK), Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB), Consolidated Bank of Kenya, CFC Group, Safaricom Ltd, British American (BRITAK) and many others.
Experience in Training/Facilitation of Workshops by Eliud Owalo
- For more than 21years, he has been the Lead Trainer in facilitating major Workshops programs such as Chai Sacco Agricultural Finance.
- Corporate governance for the Board and Top Management of the Water Services Providers Association(WASPA), and Kenya Forestry Research Institute(K.E.F.R.I.
- Changing the Management Course for Kenya Electricity Generating Co. Ltd.(KeNGEN), National Social Security Fund(N.S.S.F.), Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA), National Hospital Insurance Fund (N.H.I.F).
- Training of Trainers (T.O.T.) to Unga Ltd, Kenya Revenue Authority (K.R.A.), Mumias Sugar Co. Ltd, and Kenya Power & Lighting Company (K.P.L.C)
- Human Resource Planning and Succession Planning for Lake Basin Development Authority (L.B.D.A), Kenya Sugar Board, Nairobi City Water & Sewerage, and Kenya Airports Authority.
Wife and children
Eliud’s family life has not been made public. However, the information will be updated as soon as it’s made open.
So, he is a former campaign manager for Hon. Raila Odinga. However, he left the Orange Party and joined Musalia Mudavadi’s Amani National Congress (ANC) in the year 2019. Thereafter, he declared his support for William Ruto’s 2022 presidential ambition. He made this declaration during a meeting at Ruto’s residence a month after he quit ANC citing his need to allow the Party Leader Musalia Mudavadi the opportunity to make key decisions ahead of the 2022 presidential elections.
Appointment as CS
On 27th September 2022, he was appointed the Cabinet Secretary for ICTAnd Digital Economy by President William Ruto.
During his vetting on 21st October 2022, Eliud declared his net worth as 465 million.