Lake Nakuru National Park is in Nakuru County in the Great Rift valley. There are possible different routes to accessing the location. The first route is from Nairobi/ Meru Highway passing through Limuru road on Northern Bypass. The other way is from Nairobi via the Kikuyu route. In addition, those living around the area access the area through the main gate which is 4km from Nakuru town. Driving through the game park is the best way to access and make this memorable. Covering the distance from Nairobi to Nakuru National Park takes 3 hours.
Why is Lake Nakuru National Park Famous?
Lake Nakuru is famous for a few features whereby many tourists visit the area frequently. Additionally, this is the best way of making new friends who also come to visit. The following are found at Lake Nakuru National Park and its surrounding areas and towns;
Flamingos in Lake Nakuru National Park
Flamingos are birds that walk on water with much effort. They are pink in color from the food they eat. They live in nests made of mud. In addition, flamingos turn their heads in the reverse way to eat the food around them. These birds symbolize balancing things through the way they stand with one leg, beauty, potential, and romance. They live for 20-30 years. The gestation period of a flamingo is 27-30 days. They stand on boiling water for a long and even drink it without getting burnt. They often sleep for 2-3 hours. However, flamingos fly in the air at other times.
Black Rhino Lake Nakuru National Park
Lake Nakuru National Park hosts beautiful species of giraffe and white rhinos. Rhinos are the second largest land mammals. Black rhinos differ from white rhinos on the upper lip in which one is hooked while the other is not. In addition, a black rhino feeds by plucking bushes and shrubs in the forest. In addition, black rhinos always wiggle their curling tail when out of danger.
Giraffes are the tallest living animals with great eyesight. In addition to this, giraffes chew cuds. They live up to 25 years. The color of its blood is blue. They are fast when running away from their predators. However, the neck is too short to touch the ground making them feed on tall bushes and trees. In addition, a giraffe uses its head to fight away enemies attacking them.
Lake Nakuru National Park hosts some fish species of Tilapia. This is the only surviving fish species at the place as the water is salty. However, the fish is not safe for consumption as there are chemicals that drain into the lake which include large amounts of nitrates.
This involves a round trip to the lake on a boat with a professional guide. As one is on a boat, one gets to capture moments with family and friends and watch the beautiful sky and different bird species. In addition, one meets new friends who are also taking part in cruising the lake.
- Derek Van Dam Bio-Age, Edu, Family, Wife, Children.
- Katie Orth Bio, Age, Edu, Family, Children, Net Worth.
- Catherine Kasavuli Bio, Age, career, death.
- Vanna White bio-age, husband, children, career, net worth.
- Tina Turner age, family, husband, children, career, death.
- Jeff Lennox bio, wiki, age, children, wife, net worth, career
- Kanye West bio-age, relationship, music career, net worth.
Camping is one of the most adventurous ways of having a close connection with nature. Nature lets one meditate about life and deal with different stressful ways. The surrounding bushy and grasslands make it worthwhile and make everything interesting.
This is on the north-western side of Lake Nakuru National Park. The area is popular with baboons who interact with people visiting the area. In addition, the place gives a great view of Lake Nakuru, watching birds, and game viewing. However, tourists need to be careful as they try to snatch food from people in their cars. Moreover, the cooling shade of trees has a soothing atmosphere.
Park Entry Fees.
The cost of entry to Lake Nakuru National Park depends on the nationality of an individual;
- Kenyan citizens and those from Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Burundi pay a fee of Ksh 860 for entry to the park. Children or students pay Ksh 215 for entry.
- Non-citizens adults pay a fee of $ 60 while students and children who are from different countries apart from the ones mentioned above pay a fee of $35.
- Best Public High Schools in Kiambu County.
- Public Universities in Kenya
- Egerton university, fees, location, courses.
- A list of special secondary schools, and contacts.
- What is the history of Kenyatta University?
- List of best private primary schools in Kirinyaga County.
- Kenya Medical Training College, courses, requirements.