Remedies to premature skin aging are several depending on the cause. The sun plays a significant role in the development of fast-aging skin. However, there are other things that you also do that can age your skin more quickly than it would naturally. The medical specialists of the skin (dermatologists) offer some advice to prevent fast aging such as the below.
Remedies to premature skin aging.
- Ensure you protect your skin from direct sunlight every day. You can protect your skin by being under shade, covering up your body with a sun-protective cloth such as a long-sleeved shirt, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses that help in UV protection. Also, using sunscreen that is broad-spectrum SPF 30 is essential. You should apply sunscreen every day to all your skin that is exposed to the sun. You may also wear more effective protection like clothing with an ultraviolet protection factor like(UPF) label.
- Avoid smoking. This is because it greatly contributes to how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a sallow complexion.
- Avoid monotonous facial expressions. Making facial expressions contract your underlying muscles. So, this is done repeatedly to contract the same muscles, which end up forming that lines become permanent. Therefore, wearing sunglasses may help you reduce squinting.
- Drink less or no alcohol. This is because it dehydrates the skin and damages it.
- Exercise regularly. Research has found that moderate exercise helps in improving circulation and boosting your immune system. This, therefore, helps in giving the skin a youthful appearance.
- Cleanse the skin gently. Scrubbing can irritate your skin. This irritation may accelerate skin aging. Washing the skin gently helps to wash away makeup, and other substances without irritating the skin.
- Wash the face twice a day. Sweating and other substances irritate the skin. So, wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Apply a facial moisturizer to your skin every day. Moisturizer helps in trapping water in our skin and gives it a youthful appearance.
- Avoid using skin care products that may sting or burn. The burning and stinging may cause irritation on your skin which may make it look older.
Home remedies for premature skin aging
Research has found that eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables may prevent fast aging. This is because a food loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, water, and essential nutrients plays a great role in the appearance of your skin.
Blueberries are rich in vitamins A and C. They also have an age-defying antioxidant known as anthocyanin, which gives blueberries their deep blue color. The antioxidants in the fruit help protect your skin from damage caused by the sun, stress, and other pollution by lessening the inflammatory response.
This is an anti-inflammatory and anti-aging vegetable containing vitamins C and K. It also contains several antioxidants. Broccoli is high in fiber,folate,lutein,calcium. The body needs vitamin C to produce collagen, which is the main protein in the skin that helps in giving it strength and elasticity.
Spinach is good for hydrating and has got a lot of antioxidants that help in oxygenating and replenishing the whole body. It is also rich in vitamin A, C, E, and K, magnesium, plant-based heme iron, and lutein. The high vitamin C content in it enhances collagen production which keep the skin firm and smooth. Vitamin A may also promote strong, shiny hair, while vitamin K helps in the reduction of inflammation in cells.
Papaya has a richamount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. This may helpin improving the skin elasticity. Moreover, it helps in minimizing the skin appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It contains vitamins A, B, C, K, and E, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus. The antioxidants in papaya help to fight radical damage and may also delay signs of aging. It also contains an enzyme known as papain. This provides anti-aging benefits by working as o nature’s best anti-inflammatory agent. So, eating papaya or using products that contain papain may help the body shed dead skin cells hence leaving it glowing.
Pomegranate is high in vitamin C and antioxidants. It may protect your body from free radical damage and lower levels of inflammation. The fruit contains a compound known as punicalagin. This may help to preserve collagen in the skin and slow signs of aging.
Also, read; Reasons for fast-aging.