Kerry Kavanaugh is a well-known American journalist who has worked at stations such as Boston 25 News as an Anchor, and WCVB-TV. She is an American national born in Medford in the U.S.A.
Kerry was born on August 10th, 1988, in Medford, Mass, United States. Therefore, she is 35 years old.
Much about her education has not been made public. However, it is known that she attended and graduated from Boston College.
Kerry Kavanaugh Children
Kavanaugh communicated about how they were struggling to get pregnant. She also added that she underwent an IVF thereby successfully getting a girl by the name Khloe in 2019.
Kerry Kavanaugh Career
- Kerry started her career in journalism in the Mountain West in Bozeman, Montana. She has covered several stories in her journalism career. These include the Florida politics and consumer issues in Tampa Bay. In the year 2009, she was awarded first place for consumer reporting in Florida by the Society of Professional Journalists. While at WHO-TV in Des Moines, Iowa, she traveled to Villachuato, Mexico to reconnect with undocumented immigrant workers. This was after their meatpacking plant was raided and they were deported. Thereafter, the Associated Press of Iowa and the Iowa Broadcast News Association honored her series of stories with first-place documentary awards.
- She is an alumna of the RIAS German/American Exchange Program. The program awarded her a journalism fellowship in the year 2004.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic period, she actively got to report the impact on various communities, in Massachusetts. Moreover, she is dedicated to giving a voice to the community focusing on empowering young people.
- Kerry has a great portfolio. She has produced, written, and anchored various Emmy-nominated in-depth specials. In the year 2021, she was among the 10 local reporters nationwide who got an invite to the White House to interview the First Lady. Also, they were to help bring the holiday decorations of the East Wing to the public because tours were on hold due to the pandemic. In her earliest series, ‘Coffee with Candidates, she got to interview all Democratic presidential candidates which included President Joe Biden, and most Republican candidates awaiting the 2020 election.
- Therefore, her hard work has earned her an Emmy nomination for political reporting. Additionally, she has been on the front lines of national news stories.
- Again, she played a big role in Boston 25’s 2016 Election coverage as she was among those in Javits Center in New York City when the supporters of Hillary Clinton supporters watched the results roll.
- In recognition of her great work, she was honored with a regional Edward R. Murrow Award for News Documentary in 2021. It is among her notable documentaries, ‘The Murder of Amanda Dabrowski,’ that shed light on a tragic case of domestic violence.
- When President Donald Trump was being sworn in, she was again among those on the frontline of the inaugural parade route in Washington D.C.
- Moreover, she was on the ground in Manhattan on Halloween, 2017 hours after a terrorist rented a box truck and drove down the bike path on the West Side Highway.
- However, she joined Boston 25 from WSB-TV in Atlanta, Ga. She was the first reporter on-scene when a gunman took four firefighters, hostage, after making a bogus call for help.
So, she has an estimated salary that ranges between $70,000 – $125,000 and an estimated net worth of $1 Million -$5 Million.