Jamie Foxx is an American actor, singer, songwriter, comedian, and producer. However, his real name is Eric Marlon Bishop. So, he adopted Jamie Foxx as his stage name to honor the influence of comedian Redd Foxx. Jamie gained recognition for his versatility and talent in various entertainment fields.
So, Foxx was born on 13th December 1967, in Terrell, Texas. Therefore, he is 55 years old.
Education of Jamie Foxx
Foxx went to school at Terrell High School in Terrell, Texas. Here, he excelled in academics and sports. After completing high school, he got a scholarship to the United States International University for classical music and composition studies. Jamie showed much passion as a musician, playing the piano and singing in choirs.
Later, he transferred to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where he continued his studies in music and also pursued his passion for comedy. In addition, he started performing stand-up comedy in clubs and eventually gained recognition for his comedic talent.
His education in music and performance played a big role in shaping his career as an entertainer. His training in classical music and experience as a comedian led to his versatility as an actor, singer, and songwriter.
So, his mother was Louise Annette Talley Dixon. She was a domestic worker and nursery operator. His father was Darrell Bishop. He worked as a stockbroker and served in the U.S. Air Force. Again, he has two sisters. Deidra Dixon who is his younger sister is his personal assistant and has been involved in his career. His elder sister is Diondra Dixon. She also pursued a career in the entertainment industry.
Wife to Jamie Foxx
Jamie has been in several relationships. However, he was in a long-term relationship with actress and model Katie Holmes from the year 2013 to 2019. However, much about his relationship and marital status is not disclosed.
He has two daughters. This is Corinne Foxx, who was born in the year 1994. She is an actress and model. The younger daughter is Annalise Bishop. She was born in the year 2009.
The career of Jamie Foxx
- He started his career in the late 1980s by performing as a stand-up comedian in comedy clubs. It made him gain recognition for his comedic talent and landed him his first television role on the sketch comedy show “In Living Color” in 1991.
- Again, his breakthrough role came in the year 1999 when he featured in the sports drama film “Any Given Sunday,” directed by Oliver Stone. This role showcased his acting abilities and opened doors for more significant opportunities. Later, he went on to star in films such as “Ali” (2001), “Collateral” (2004), and “Jarhead” (2005), displaying his range as an actor.
- However, his most notable performance came in the biographical film “Ray” (2004), directed by Taylor Hackford. He portrayed legendary musician Ray Charles, showcasing his acting and musical talents. His portrayal earned him widespread acclaim and numerous accolades. This included the Academy Award for Best Actor.
- Also, he pursued a music career and released his debut album, “Peep This,” in 1994, which showcased his R&B and soul influences. He also had a collaboration with artists such as Kanye West, T.I., and Justin Timberlake, and his hit song “Blame It” topped the charts which earned him a Grammy Award.
- He also continued with films such as “Django Unchained” (2012), directed by Quentin Tarantino. This earned him a BAFTA nomination. He also appeared in “Baby Driver” (2017) and “Just Mercy” (2019), among others. Therefore, he has demonstrated a passion for both dramatic and comedic roles.
- Again, he has also ventured into television, hosting his own comedy sketch show, “The Jamie Foxx Show,” which aired from 1996 to 2001
- Besides that, he expanded beyond acting and music and worked as a producer on films such as “Hustle & Flow” (2005) and “Django Unchained” (2012).
He has a net worth of around $150 million.